UNdo, UNcomplicate, UNdesign: 2014 LELO UNdesign award – Deconstruct Design to Reconstruct Connection
Since 2003, Swedish designer brand LELO has transformed the intimate lifestyle industry, and with it, peoples’ perception of sensual massagers.
Deconstruct Design to Reconstruct Connection
LELO is challenging designers all over the world to go back to design’s roots, to undesign something and conceptualize something original – and it can be anything at all: an app, an artefact, an image, an item, an accessory, whatever you want – with a single goal in mind…
…to encourage togetherness, and to inspire a real human interaction, for anyone, anywhere at any time.
– Fashion & Accessories
How could what we wear be a tool to bring us closer to those around us? How can fashion help us stay better connected with loved ones?
– Technology, Products & Spaces
From augmented reality to smart materials, how might high technology aid intimacy? How can spaces encourage togetherness?
– Graphic Illustration & Painting
How might something visual strengthen existing connections and encourage new ones? How does imagery evoke feelings of closeness?
– Uniqueness & originality of design
– Ability to bring people closer
One Winner from each category will receive
– $1,000 USD
– $300 USD worth of LELO products
– Feature design on Design Award website for a year long
– Feature design on all LELO blogs
– Opportunity for Feature & Interview on Major Design Publications
Closes at 11:59pm GMT -7 August 1st
LELO UNdesign award 2014 website